Monday, March 2, 2009

No School!

Madison started school full-time today. She said it was ok except for one class. She even road the bus from the middle school to the school where I work with the help of her friend Sabrina. I'm so thankful for all the students who will be helping Madison learn her way around the big, three story building. Today was also my first full day back to school since leaving for China in early January. I'm exhausted, so Madison is probably just as tired.

Madison had her first American school lunch...I don't think she was too impressed, but I was told she ate the potato wedges, fruit, and cookie. She didn't eat the hamburger, which I knew she wouldn't since she doesn't like meat. One of the first things she told me after school was that she was hungry, so I quickly dug out a box of Cheez Its that I keep handy in my classroom.

We dedicated Madison at church yesterday. She was quite puzzled as to what was going on. I didn't tell her in advance because she would have balked at going up in front of the congregation. Although, she did say "No!" very loudly before we convinced her to get up and come with us. I only have one picture of the day, since Madison DOES NOT like to get her picture taken, but it is a good one of her and her wai po (maternal grandma).

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a heart-warming picture... To many kids, this may be quite common, but to Madison, this means way beyond most of the children can imagine... Seeing her loved by her own family now makes my heart smile. Thank you to the Holland's, from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to be able to share in your joy and see a picture of your newest daughter. I'm glad Madison agreed to take this photo on such a special day. I hope that she knows how precious she is and can feel how much she is loved. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete