Friday, February 13, 2009

Baby Shower




Here we are at Madison's shower given by my very dear friends and co-workers at Inman Primary School in Red Oak, Iowa. Madison hates to get her picture taken, so she is giving me an unfavorable look in the picture with just the two of us. She got lots of wonderful gifts and even though it may have been hard to tell, she really enjoyed herself.
Madison went to her first high school basketball game last night in Shenandoah. Oddly enough, they played the school I work for and Madison's new school, Red Oak. My niece and nephew attend Shenandoah, and it was my nephew Koby's last game to play the drums in the pep band, so I had to support both sides. I think Madison truly enjoyed the excitement of the evening. She clapped when Shenandoah scored and scowled when they missed the basket. I tried to explain that we were playing her new school, but I don't think she understood. It won't be long until she knows she is really a Red Oak tiger.
Madison has been poked and prodded...again. She went to the dentist on Wednesday for a brutal cleaning...there were tears..., the eye doctor Thursday morning, and the doctor that afternoon. She DID NOT like getting her blood taken and quickly grew tired of the x-rays. We are checking into what, if anything, can be done to correct her hip area and left leg. I'm not too sure she will want anything done, since she does not like shots or anything that may cause even the slightest pain. I suppose none of us do, but it will be a huge decision if surgery can correct her leg.
The two people with me and Madison at the shower are my mom, Vicki, and my sister, Theresa.

No comments:

Post a Comment