Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend Update

Madison and I went shopping on Saturday with my mom, sister, neice, and Mikelle. Madison loves to shop, but she got tired walking so much at the mall. Come to think of it, so did I.

We went specifically to J. C. Penney so that Kyra, my neice, could purchase a new comforter she's had her eye on. Madison also showed me some comforters that she would like too. There was only one problem, she just got a new comforter last weekend for her birthday from my mom. I tried to explain that she did not need a new comforter along with many other things she wanted throughout the day. I did get her a couple new shirts and a belt, and my mom got her some things from Claire's. Hopefully, she will soon learn that when we go shopping, we don't buy whatever we see that we want.

The school I work at is throwing us a shower tomorrow. I'm not sure how I can explain what a shower is. Madison may think it's another birthday party.

We took Madison to church for the second time yesterday. John told Pastor Jeff that he has succeeded in boring two cultures during his sermon. Thankfully, Jeff and John share the same kind of humor, so Jeff wasn't insulted. I also hope Jeff wasn't insulted when Madison kept looking at John's watch to see if noon was getting any closer, when church usually ends.

Well, I have to go to work today for parent/teacher conferences. Fortunately, my mom is coming over to stay with Madison until John or Sean get home. Even though she is fourteen, I don't think she's ready to be left alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment